Welcome back to Rapture and Columbia!
Blind Squirrel is proud to be the developer along side 2K Games of the much anticipated release of BioShock: The Collection coming to PS4, Xbox ONE, and PC this September.
Development of BioShock: The Collection included:
• Full 1080p resolution at 60 frames-per-second for all three titles
• Updated PC rendering to DirectX 11 for BioShock and BioShock 2
• Re-wrote the 2.5 Unreal Engine to take advantage of both 64-bit & Multi-Threading
• Director’s Commentary for BioShock and BioShock 2
• Remastered characters, weapons, environments, and UI for BioShock and BioShock 2
• Improved lighting and shadows for BioShock and BioShock 2
• Added real-time reflections and bump maps to BioShock
• Improved VFX textures and particles for BioShock and BioShock 2
• Re-authored the opening cinematic of BioShock
• Integrated complete DLC for all three titles
• PC: Steam Controller Integration for BioShock and BioShock 2
• Full Quality Assurance production testing for all three titles.
For more info, please visit the official BioShock: The Collection webpage.
About Bioshock: The Collection
Return to the cities of Rapture and Columbia and experience the award-winning BioShock franchise like never before, beautifully remastered in 1080p. BioShock: The Collection contains all single-player content from BioShock, BioShock 2, and BioShock Infinite, all single-player add-on content, the “Columbia’s Finest” pack, and Director’s Commentary: Imagining BioShock, featuring Ken Levine and Shawn Robertson.
BioShock is a shooter unlike any you’ve ever played, loaded with weapons and tactics never seen. You’ll have a complete arsenal at your disposal from simple revolvers to grenade launchers and chemical throwers, but you’ll also be forced to genetically modify your DNA to create an even more deadly weapon: you.
Set approximately 10 years after the events of the original BioShock, the halls of Rapture once again echo with sins of the past. Along the Atlantic coastline, a monster has been snatching little girls and bringing them back to the undersea city of Rapture. Players step into the boots of the most iconic denizen of Rapture, the Big Daddy, as they travel through the decrepit and beautiful fallen city, chasing an unseen foe in search of answers and their own survival.
Bring us the girl, wipe away the debt. The year is 1912. Deep in debt, Booker DeWitt has only one opportunity for a clean slate: rescue Elizabeth, a mysterious girl imprisoned since childhood in the flying city of Columbia.